March 16, 2020
With the increasing concerns about the Coronavirus outbreak, I am writing to share with you the measures being taken by Fortress Bank and its staff to make sure that you feel safe visiting our facilities, while also ensuring you will have uninterrupted access to your accounts and all of our products and services. Please know that we are continually monitoring the situation and are taking precautions to ensure the health of our customers and our staff.
Our preparation and planning activities include:
- Multiple times each day, we are disinfecting high traffic areas and commonly touched surfaces including all of our countertops, desks, door handles, ATM machines and restrooms.
- Heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees.
- Deep cleaning before and after business hours.
- Reinforcement of common cold and flu hygiene practices with employees, ensuring that sick employees stay home.
- Plans for continuing to provide services should staffing be significantly impacted.
- Ensuring that our online service vendors are equipped to provide continuous services.
- Postponing in-person meetings and restricting employee business travel, opting instead for electronic communication and conducting of meetings virtually.
At this time, our banking center lobbies remain open. However, we are encouraging our customers to utilize our drive-up facilities as a method of enacting social distancing. Additionally, most personal and business transactions can take place 24/7 online, including:
- Online banking (view accounts and activity, balance inquiries, transfer of funds, and bill pay) at www.BankFortress.com.
- Mobile banking through the Fortress Bank mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Mobile deposit through your smart phone (iOS and Android).
- Person-to-person payment in online or mobile banking (iOS and Android).
- Online loan applications which can be accessed through the Bank’s website.
For assistance with these or any other services, please do not hesitate to call us at (309) 966-4850 or reach out to the Fortress Bank banking center near you.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the Coronavirus impact, it does not alter our commitment to serving our customers and communities. As you know, the situation remains very fluid. As a result, the steps we take to ensure the health of our customers and staff may evolve in the next few days. We will continue to keep you informed as we receive new information and adapt to do what is in the best interest of our staff, clients and communities.
Thank you for trusting Fortress Bank with your financial products and services. It’s a responsibility we take seriously.
Dean A. Heinzmann
See our Coronavirus News & Updates page for the latest about Fortress Bank's Coronavirus efforts.